When it comes to plastic surgery, Australia is definitely one of the countries that openly patronises these beautifying surgical or non-surgical procedures. But no matter how hard we try to deny it, the cost to have plastic surgery in the country is very expensive. Along with the confusing variation of the prices per procedure, Australians are finding ways to conveniently avail of these aesthetic treatments to safely and effectively improve their bodies. Enter Bangkok plastic surgery – one of the most popular medical tourism options that is becoming a hit here in our country. Let us discover what Bangkok plastic surgery has to offer that makes it so irresistible.
Bangkok plastic surgery: The procedures they offer
Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Asia known for its pristine beaches, five-star resorts, and many local tourist spots that highlight their rich history and culture. Aside from all these, Thailand is now also famous for their medical tourism campaigns, especially Bangkok plastic surgery. From simple, nonsurgical facelifts and liposuction, to complex surgical procedures like breast augmentation and even sex or gender reassignment surgeries, Bangkok plastic surgery is undoubtedly the place to be.
Bangkok plastic surgery: The surgeons
Top plastic surgery specialists like Dr. Pichet Rodchareon of Bangkok Plastic Surgery and Dr. Pichit Siriwan of Bangkok Cosmetic Surgery lead the vast number of plastic surgeons who claim to perform any aesthetic surgical or nonsurgical procedures you may need. Their practice claim that their plastic surgeons are all reliable since they are board certified and are recognised by Thailand as medical professionals. Some even claim that they trained and studied abroad, so their expertise and experience in performing even the most complicated of procedures are on par with other nations.
Bangkok plastic surgery: The cost
This factor is by far the most enticing part of their advertisements and campaigns, and probably the only thing that sets them apart from the plastic surgery procedures performed here in Australia. In Thailand, cities like Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Bangkok offer their cosmetic surgery procedures for half the price! Yes, they charge their patients so low that most Australians who have been planning to improve their bodies for so long but kept on postponing because of their budget now have the chance to get it along with a promised vacation to one of Asia’s best tourist spots!
Bangkok plastic surgery: Things to consider
With the benefits mentioned earlier, from the procedure, surgeons, and the procedural costs, it is common sense that Bangkok plastic surgery really has it all, right? But before joining the bandwagon and scheduling your own cosmetic procedure abroad, read some of the essential things you may want to think about when trying medical tourism.
- Have you checked if this is really the best procedure that would answer your beauty dilemma?
- Have you discussed with your preferred surgeon the steps in performing the surgery?
- Do you know the risks and potential complications that this procedure may entail?
- What are the materials that they are going to use for your beauty enhancement?
- Do you know the qualifications of your surgeon?
- How many times has he performed your desired operation?
- Do you know where he is planning to perform your surgery? And is the establishment recognised by the Joint Commission International (JCI)?
- Were you able to check out his work portfolio or the before-and-after images of his previous patients so you would have an idea about how successful he is with his work?
- Are you comfortable with your surgeon? Does he speak and understand English so as not to encounter any miscommunications about your needs and expectations?
- Do you know if their cost estimates are in Australian or US dollars?
- Are you aware of the package inclusions?
- Is there a need to have a second or third surgery? How much would that cost?
- Are the materials they would be using for the procedure of high quality?
These are just some of the questions you may want to be answered before getting that flight ticket to Thailand or any tourist destination that offers medical tourism. It is still best to ensure your safety at all times, especially when undergoing life-changing medical procedures.